The Internet constitutes the largest resource supporting freedom of information today, for the user community in general, and for users with disabilities in particular. For that reason, we place emphasis on granting equal service to people with disabilities and work hard toward improving their browsing experience.
In order to ensure that our digital services will be accessible for people with disabilities, we have invested in the website’s ease of use in the belief that every person deserves the right to a life of equality, respect, comfort, and independence.
Using the EqualWeb web accessibility tool, our website employs the EqualWeb accessibility software and is connected through a special accessibility server. The software complies with the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Standard at AA level.
How does the site’s accessibility work?
The website features an accessibility menu. A click on the menu allows for accessibility buttons to be available. After selecting a menu item, the user must wait for the page to be loaded.
What are the menu items?
- What are the menu items?
- Option for keyboard-based navigation
- Adaptation of the website for NVDA assistive technology
- Enlargement of the font on the website to 4 levels of magnification
- Immobilization of moving elements, and stoppage of blinking
- Altered color contrast against dark background
- Altered color contrast against light background
- Adaptation for color-blind users
- Change of font for better readability
- Enlarged cursor, and change of color to black or white
- Enlargement of display to ~200%
- Emphasizing links on the website
- Emphasizing headings on the website
- Presentation of alt text to graphics
- Declaration of accessibility
- Sending of accessibility feedback
Despite our efforts to apply accessibility to browsing on every webpage, some of webpages were not suitable for accessibility solutions. We are continuing our efforts to improve the website’s accessibility to the fullest extent possible, guided by our belief, and by our moral commitment, that the website should be usable by the entire population.
Contact and feedback
We welcome feedback from our users. If you encountered any particular accessibility problem while browsing the website, we’d appreciate your feedback.
Please contact our Accessibility Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback and further clarification and inquiries regarding accessibility.